The condition of your teeth has a big role in shaping your personality. Unsightly teeth can make you self-conscious. A pearly set of whites can make you flash your smile more often. Your teeth also reflect the state of your health. Disorders like diabetes and pancreatic cancer affect your gums and teeth too. If your teeth are crooked, chipped, missing, spaced too wide apart, too close together or discoloured because of lifestyle habits, you may want to consider cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic dentistry can not just transform your looks to build your confidence but also repair damages for better oral health. It can help you with teeth whitening, stain removal, provide shine and prevent chronic dental problems in the future. There is a range of treatment options using advanced dental technology. Below is a list of different treatments used in cosmetic dentistry.
Types of Treatment Under Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry helps you in many ways:
- Replace visible silver coloured fillings with new natural tooth-coloured fillings made with composite resin or porcelain.
- Protect damaged or worn out teeth with porcelain dental crowns. For better aesthetics, consider ceramic crowns that blend with your natural teeth.
- Missing teeth can be bridged with porcelain replacements.
- Veneer can add shine to well-set teeth, adding a sparkle to your smile. They are fine, custom-made porcelain shells (similar to shells for fingernails) that slip over the surface of your teeth, concealing imperfections and discolouration. Veneer is bonded permanently over your teeth. You can continue to brush and floss as usual, just like your real teeth.
- Dental implants can permanently replace missing teeth and also prevent tooth loss, protect the surrounding teeth, restore natural bite, and improve the contours of your face.
- Teeth straightening products like Invisalign clear braces improve the alignment of your teeth.
- Teeth whitening is the most common dental cosmetic procedure that helps remove discolouration
Which Cosmetic Dental Procedure is Best for You?
You need a qualified, reputed dentist to assess your dental health and suggest the right cosmetic dentistry for you. They will talk with you to understand your lifestyle habits, your history of dental treatments, your health conditions, and plan out a customized treatment that will work best. Not all dentists are certified in cosmetic dentistry. It is important to check a dentist’s credentials before you book an appointment. Find out about their years of experience in the procedure, total price and aftercare to ensure you are in good hands.
Vancity Dental Care – Committed to Highest Quality Cosmetic Dentistry
Vancity Dental offers full-service dental care and cosmetic treatments by professionals committed to the highest quality in general, restorative and cosmetic procedures in Vancouver. You benefit from the human touch that goes beyond the typical dental experience. We use advanced technology that transforms your smile with a wide range of treatment options to produce natural results.
Give us a call if you are unhappy with any aspect of your teeth and discover the difference in our services and your oral health. After an initial consultation, we will provide you with further information to develop a fully customized plan.
Your smile is unique. Let cosmetic dentistry help you maximize its potential.